- Campus Sustainability
- Solar and Eco Villages
- Green Programming
- Strategic Sustainability Planning Committee
- Contact Us
2013 Solar House
- South facing Solarium expands the floor plan and take it to outside.
- French doors separate the solarium from the kitchen and Dining area and serves as a buffer to the outside .
- A partition wall separates the bedroom and main living area. it can also be rolled into a closet for additonal space.
- The photovoltaic system is optimaized for flat roofs and uses reflectors between the rows of panels to increase total energy prodution.
- A mixed Mode residential HVAC system marries the automation system and the house HVAC System.
- A radiant heating floor system with tubes beneath the concrete floor.
- A predictive control home automation system uses weather data to predict hour by hour temperatures inside and adjust accordingly.
|Array Size||10.5 Kw|
|Actual Square Footage||900 sq ft|
16 out of 19
To learn more about the house and the Solar decathlon Competion, visit the following link: